Friday, August 22, 2008

Where oh where did the time go?

Holy Moses! Parker will be 2 years old in one week. Where has the time went? I cannot believe that he is this old already! That just means that Dani is that much closer to 4!!! YIKES!
We've been so busy this summer...but loved almost every minute of it. Both kids now love the water and are pretty good at keeping themselves occupied in it, I think next year we'll brave swimming lessons. Dani has also learned how to ride her "big girl bike" a two-wheeler with training wheels although it's a bit too big for her to ride on uneven ground...and Parker can't stand the fact that sissy has a bike and he doesn't. He however has discovered that he LOVES motorcycles. He can hear one coming, spot them a mile away and adores sitting with Papa Tom on his "YELLOW BIKE!" He's gone of quite a few little rides with Papa Tom now and couldn't look more at home and relaxed if he tried. Bryce and I are pretty sure that he's going to want to do MotoCross or X Games stuff when he's older....Please pray for us! :)

Bryce and Dani got to go on the Father Child Campout this year too. It was a good thing for the two of them to do together. They even braved canoe rides with just eachother! Seeings how Dani is such a "daddy's girl" and how much Bryce adores his "baby" I couldn't imagine that they wouldn't have fun, except for the fact that it was 100 degrees plus while they were gone! Inspite of the heat they still had a blast and plan to go next year too. I have a feeling Bryce will have a hard time with dating when the time comes.

As for me...I am still looking for the perfect balance of being Wife, Mother, Housekeeper and Myself. I know that I have lots of people rooting for me, but still from time to time have those moments of "AUGH!!" If my kids weren't so cute...I think I would sell them to the highest bidders on somedays....and if my Husband didn't know just what to say sometimes I might trade him in for a new model. LOL! Fortunatly for me they are my perfect family. Pick for me by God and as long as I keep looking to him for maintence I should be just fine.
Oh yea...We also went to the Skamania County Fair and the kids rode the ponies with their cousins. Doesn't Parker look all cool in his shades and, yellow garaffe rain boots? Don't ask it was a "I can dress myself day" and it was almost 100 degrees too!


2 comments:

Alice said...

Sounds like things have been going great! They are getting big so fast.

Kim and Family said...

Love the post!!! I can deffinitly say it seems we are all having those feelings of what the heck lately. I love love love the picture of Bryce and Dani, what a special experience that must have been.